Sunday, January 28, 2007

January 28

I'm not even sure what I'm going to write about, but it's been a really long time, so I at least wanted to check in!
Things are alright with me, I spose.
I've gotten to this wierd "seems like I'm always uptight" mode which I absolutely don't like. Not sure how I got there. But one thing I do know, and that is that having it be my focus sure as hell isn't going to change anything!
Trev and I were at odds and bickering for several days in a row for a while, and that was certainly not pleasant. I felt used and abused, he felt bossed around. Both of us were certainly within our rights to feel mistreated.

However, that particular spell has passed, even though I'm still feeling more stressed than I would like. I've started taking kava kava and St. John's wort. Feeling better. I also know that meditation and exercise (instead of just "activity") is definitely in order. Working on that, as well.

Been hitting the books again. Been studying my preferred strain of philosphy, as well as more... esoteric pursuits. It was time. I go along happy for miles and miles, and then somehow my focus gets put on the back burner, deemed unimportant, as ordinary life intrudes, and I have to clean up dog poo for a while. :)

Anyway, currently, with the latest afore-mentioned woes, I've decided (remembered) a few Very Important Things, which are (in no particular order):
As you think, so shall you Be. (Proverbs)
You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it. (Albert Einstein)
Even the least among you can do all that I have done... and even Greater Things. (Jesus)
The ancestor to every action is a thought. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
and currently the most helpful...
Treat yourself as if you already are what you'd like to Become. (Wayne Dyer)

Now there's fodder for a welcome shift. Instead of dwelling on the mistakes, pains, and unsatisfactory responses of the day, and belittling one's (my) self for imperfections, and dwelling on them, start behaving and thinking as if I already AM that Great Being that I attain/desire to be, and much of the day's garbage just falls by the wayside. It's a non-issue. (Love that non-challenging living! when things are just natural and peacefully work out.)

No comments: