Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Those Damned Rebels - Final Thoughts

Although I wanted to explore this subject that has recently been on my mind, as I said, I know that I came across as really harsh and judging.
Sort of in attack and defense mode.
I've been revisiting old opinions and old thoughts, reliving certain moments of my life.
I usually don't live with such disdainful thoughts and actions.
I read a quote today by Adolph Hitler that said "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."
What a way of viewing the world. How sad that one would never know any happiness or peace, and instead have to struggle in fear and anger for every moment of contentment.

I imagine that I might have given the impression in my recent posts that I believe dissention and rebellion is key to one's happiness.
I'm sorry for implying that.
I was trying to say that I think it imperative for each person to discover Truth for themselves. An honest discovery. By exploring, examining, measuring, questioning, and doubting what they've been told. Not just accepting what you've been born into. Sometimes the doing of it appears to be rebelliousness.
I'm pretty sure this is what everyone means when they talk of finding yourself. Personally, I've never had a huge life-altering moment, (think Talking Heads ..."same as it ever was....same as it ever was....
And you may ask yourself
What is that beautiful house?
And you may ask yourself
Where does that highway go?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
And you may tell yourself
MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE? ", but I've been on a path of self discovery since about 14, I think. (I'm now 38.)
Maybe now I'm just trying to justify all of the parts of myself. My rebelliousness. My emotionalism. Cantankerous. Bratty. Egocentric. Proud, sometimes. Smug, sometimes. Caring. Worried.
Irreverant. Serious. Sarcastic. Optimistic. Pessimistic. Generous. Selfish. Wise and ridiculous.
To what end I make this examination, I don't know.
Maybe this aspect of who I am should just be examined, explained, and celebrated from time to time.
As crazy at is seems, maybe I'm living my best life (representing who I am) by experiencing Beastly as well as Sublime.
Well, it's not in line with the Perfect End, which will be only Love, of course, but until I'm ready to let go of the ego, and my individuality, maybe these parts of me should just be celebrated and enjoyed.

No comments: