Monday, May 21, 2007

Clean Up

Yesterday was a lovely day!
The only thing that would have improved the afternoon (other than the missing Mama's) would have been if later the children and dads would have joined us for barbecue and more fun! (After The Mama's had their time, of course.)
It was lovely!

Didn't I say that I would have all my ducks in a row, and be prepared for this small gathering? Well, I wasn't! I had little messes still everywhere (a few forgotten things on the clothes line, a few stray bricks on the patio, messy stairs, etc), and much dusting and cleaning to do. Not huge messes, except for the kitchen, but that's to be expected if you're preparing food all day.

Anyway - I'm over it, I would have preferred a sparkling clean house, but living and loving in a house is a messy business, and we generally mess it up far faster than I can clean it up.

So! This morning is overcast and cool, as is promising to drop a few sprinkles from the sky.

I have a few intentions for the day - but nothing terribly pressing. I'd like to get my house in perfect order, since I am reasonably close.
We're nearing the end of the month, also, so it's time to start on bc calendars.
Eric is home today and tomorrow, so I'd like to take the time to enjoy and capture the magic and fun that is my family today.

No pressures.

Just a polishing sort of day. Try to see how things can shine.

No comments: