Saturday, June 16, 2007

101 Thing in 1001 Days

I ran into a blog today via Sally from Happy at Home that was comprised of her list of 101 in 1001. It is/was a Live Journal Community goal setting thing a couple of years ago.
I'm really intrigued by the idea.
So I'm going to start my own list.

I'm not a goal setting person. They aggravate me more than anything; with the setting of goals comes pressures, and attachments, and an idea superimposed on a day that just may not be made for a particular task. In my life, things such as goals tend to mean expectations, and bondage to thoughts or ideas that I may have since changed or shed.
So I don't do them.

However, there are things in this life that I know and love - things like recognizing the magic - that I can only believe will aid me in living a life of joy, and truth, and fulfillment.

So that, friends, shall be the composition of my list.
Things that will remind me to live a life of joy, truth, and fulfillment.

I'll be starting my list today. I'm not sure how long it will take me.

Just for fun, I am making it 103 Things, and I am giving myself until my 41st birthday to live or begin these joys. (I am thinking that ought to get me through any rough spots of turning 40 pretty nicely!)

So, my title shall be 103 Things in 861 Days. Or however many days are left when I get my list finished.

I'm quite thrilled with the idea.....
I'm now off to begin my Joyful Quest...

No comments: