Thursday, June 07, 2007

June 7

Earlier I was experiencing a mild feeling of betrayal, as if perhaps I had seemingly bad-mouthed my son.
Not my intention.
Love him, love him, love him.

It worries me that he might feel the same betrayal as I did as a child, overhearing my mother speaking to a friend, and tattling our misdeeds.
It is very, very important to me that my children see that I do not find fault with them.
My irritations, grievances, and upsets are my own. They speak of a lack of composure and grace.
The greatest thing about The Mamas is that when we express dissatisfaction, it is never about the child, only about the way we handle the situation.
We may joke or use strong words, but the underlying tone is always "help me to understand this" and never "help me to fix my child."

I never want to appear to be saying -in any moment- that my children are less than they should be.
This life (our life) is about You are you.
And you are Greatness.
And let me help you to Know it.

3 comments:

Melissia said...

I was thinking about that the other day. In the group of Mama's we hang out with it is never the child's "fault" they are not a problem to be solved- that is not the usual tone of Mama's I have been around and I love that.

Julie said...

I love reading your blog Stephanie, I can never quite put into words all the things I am thinking on a regular basis concerning my children. Whenever I come to your blog you always seem to put into words what I have recently been thinking. Just wanted to let you know how much your blog speaks to me on a regular basis and how much I look forward to reading it:)

Much love,

Julie

Stephanie said...

aaah, (sniff) thanks, Julie.
I don't even know what to say! (imagine that)
xxoo