Friday, August 03, 2007

Danger!

The Dangerous Book For Boys!
I've heard of it, of course, and thought it sounded charming and interesting.

Today while at Costco (sigh, sometimes I just really love Costco) I saw the book. I immediately thought "Oooh, let's have a look!" and opened it up.
While I opened it up randomly and saw things like knots, and fossils, and Jolly Rogers (interesting, indeed) when you get technical and look at the Contents.... well, it seems a marvelous thing, indeed.
Here are a few:
The Greatest Paper Airplane in the World
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
How to Play Stickball
Making a Bow and Arrow
Mountains of the United States
The Golden Age of Piracy
Secret Inks
Making a Go-Cart
Spies - Codes and Ciphers
And much, much more.
Oh, ho!
I am terribly excited about this, I am sure you know.
While I looked at it with Trev in the store, he was a bit thrown off by the word "dangerous", and is a little leery.
But almost everything in the book he has already expressed an interest in, so I am sure we (and me, if not he) will find much to savor in this book.

3 comments:

EC said...

We have this book, too! Isn't it awesome?! The boys have already asked Sean to build them a treehouse. Funny you should mention Trev's caution because there is a section in there on how to hunt and skin a rabbit, a necessary skill if you're lost in the woods somewhere. Well, Iain was horrified by that because, "Rabbits don't hurt people! I'll just use the skills on a crocodile, ok?"

Well, I guess so....

It's a really cool book and they have a matching one for girls, too.

Stephanie said...

Oooh, skinnin'!
I've not seen that part yet.
:)

Kim said...

We are deffinentley going to get this book....it will fit in perfectly with our environment here in Maine. What a great way to find some new ways to explore.
Love you, and your wisdom.
Mom says hi and she will see you tonight. Her plane comes in at 10:37 pm flight #1678 Delta.
KKS