Sunday, October 14, 2007

Party On

There's a party goin' on.
There's a party in my ...not hair. Not house. Not my pants, either, just because I am feeling completely irreverant and amusing and amused.
Head. There's a party goin' on in my head.

The only ones that have shown up are the folks who live in the same house as me, BB King, Lena Horne, Jimmy Buffet, Echo & The Bunnymen, and Bob Marley. And now The Beatles.

We're singin' the blues. We are cheeseburgers in paradise. We are forever yours nocturnally. We are runnin' from the law, 'cause we shot the sherriff. We are back in the USSR.

We're washin' windows, and shinin' up the books.

We're wishin' we had next door neighbors who would come over and say "Got a beer?" or "Wanna barbecue somethin' tonight?"

Oh yes. There's a party goin' on.
No reason.

Stop by iffen ya can.

1 comment:

EC said...

You are so funny! You know what the first line of this made me think of? There's a new show on Nick Jr called "Yo Gabba Gabba". Have you seen it? There's one episode about eating and they sing a song called, "There's a party in my tummy". It's a strange show, retro almost, like Sid and Marty Kroft...

I wish we were at your party...or at least your neighbors 'cause we'd offer you beer and a barbeque.

:)

Evie