Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gift List

Let me just tell you how excited I am that we're making almost all of our gifts this year!
Well, aside from my children's gifts. Though I will where I can.

And let me tell you something else... all that crafting we've been doing? I haven't bought anything!! I think the only thing I had to buy was velcro strips for the plant presses (and I'll have to buy the plastic rings to secure them) and a large bottle of craft glue. Mine was a little one, and almost gone. That's it! Everything else we've had.
Ha!
Makes me feel justified in collecting things, let me tell you. (Not in a packrat, never-throw-anything-away way, but in a "Ooh, look at this pretty silver paint. And it's on sale for 59cents! That might come in handy someday...." sort of way. Let me just say again... Ha!

Doing handmade this year is not about the money, as we all know that often times we can buy it for far cheaper than we can make it, so when you already have the supplies, it sure cuts down on the angst.
It's about crafting. Making things with my bare hands and bare heart and bare spirit.
It's about being in that zone... where the ideas come faster than you can make the dream happen. It's about those famous, lovely, flowing Juices.

The energy is zipping and zapping in our house right now.
It seems that everything is "Step outside your regular self and let ingenuity and creativity be your guide."
Who could complain about that?

2 comments:

piscesgrrl said...

I can't wait to see photos of what you make!

denise said...

We love making all of our gifts by hand too. The idea of being cranky running around buying junk to fill boxes is just not quite me. So, we plan, and craft, and make, and assemble and always have something different that we consciously created with our own hands every year. It does indeed take a lot more time, but then it means something, we remember it, and hopefully the receiver does too! I love seeing what you are making!