Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Thoughts on a Peaceful Morning

I think that maybe some of the hesitation I've had about sitting down to write lately is that things begin in a lovely way, and then they fizzle into something that I hadn't anticipated, or less interesting than I imagine, and I become disenchanted, so instead of looking for the new magic, I just give it up.

This morning my babes are sleeping - it's 8:05am, and I'm going to try to maintain a non-agenda, unattached day. There are a couple of things I'd like to get done - one is finish my lemon squares that I started last night, and two is hang out the laundry on the line - it's going to be cold and rainy the next few days.
I'll be celebrating the rain, we are in sore need of it around here - I live in the desert, you know.

This morning is warm with dark clouds - it has put me in mind of a fabulously clean kitchen, show-cased with a fresh batch of lemon squares that taste and look like springtime, paired with a nice tall glass of iced tea.
If I can manage but these two glorious feats today, I'll be sure to let you know.
The rest of the day's magic will be conjured by my children, of course.

Have a lovely spring day.

No comments: