Sunday, August 19, 2007

doubly grateful

My previous grateful post I wrote first thing this morning. Well, it was completed but not published by 10:30am.
This one comes to me at 10:14pm.

I am grateful for my children's current interest in books.
Yes, books.
That imperative, must do it for 20 minutes every single day or you'll burn in ignorance for eternity, fundamental and so obviously necessary books.
They Just Weren't Interested.
"See ya!"
Off and runrunrun.
What's a Mama to do?
She puts her hand over her heart -0r forehead- and chokes, or gasps, or sighs, or cries, or moans, and does her best to get on with trying to recognize the magic, anyway.

But here they are.
"Sto-wee, Mommy!"
And then begging for another.

"...Leave them alone, and they'll come home, wagging their tails behind them."
And so they have.

No comments: