Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Morning Promises

Why is it
that the first thing in the morning












-every morning!
I feel so hopeful
... as if the morning's promises are to be believed, and that I can confidently anticipate -and even expect- great things of the day.

I shall live in harmony, without attachments.

I shall remain calm, and of a pleasant disposition.

I shall be able to get my house clean and shiny.

There will be time for neighborhood walks.

A journey into the gardens













meditation

stories

games

inventions

imaginary play

and a cup of reviving tea whenever it's needed.

These are things that morning promises to me.

I've got to find a way.
Surely I wouldn't still believe morning, if it weren't possible?
Surely I wouldn't come back day after day, in hopes that I can believe her?
Somewhere along the day I feel let down, and sigh and think "not today."
I lose hope.
There is something here for me to learn - and I shall be thinking on this today.

I think it has something to do with hope, and losing sight of joy....

No comments: