Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Second Sunday

Today I was thinking about the month of Sundays.
I was thinking - there has to be some sort of theme, otherwise I may just end up doing a set of gratitude posts again.
Not that I didn't love those, and appreciate them. I surely did.

But the Month of Sundays needs to be done with intention.
So how to proceed?

I hadn't given it all that much thought, I was exploring gentleness, first, then I had lots of other things to take care of.

Today I saw my last few blooms (perhaps) on my roses, and I thought, "Now there's something."

I grabbed my Gathering Basket (anytime I am going to cut flowers, I like to make it as special an affair as possible, I always use particular scissors or my favorite handtool, and my beautiful basket) and scissors, and went in search of the last of my rosy blooms to bring into the house.
I started thinking - gifts to myself.

Things like
a clean house.
forgiveness when it's needed.
spending an hour making an artful project just to take a picture of it.
time in a coffee shop - just me and my notebook - enjoying a scrumptious little pastry and a steaming cup of some delicious exotic tea.
a day filled with gentleness.
patience for my shortcomings.
an early morning start - like getting up around three am, just because I am inspired to write.
a whole day of reading. (to be best enjoyed in a clean house, of course.)

What does Sunday mean to me?

natural patience.
quietness.
breezy and flowing.
scones or crepes for breakfast.
tranquility.
peace.
love.
beauty.
These are the sorts of things I wish to give myself.

No comments: