Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day

Oh my Stars, I'm an even bigger ass than I thought!
In my Remembering Mama's post the other day, I totally forgot my second most important and influential Mama - and that would be Pat.
It's probably just as well, she deserves her own post, anyway.
Pat would be my mother-in-law, aren't you glad you aren't Me right now?! Can you even imagine making such a enormous and humiliating error?
(This might be where I slip quietly away, never to be heard from in blogland again.)

But first!
Pat is one of these people that gives folks the freedom to be themselves.
She's forward thinking, open-minded, loving, nonjudgmental, and accepting.
I cannot think of great qualitites to emulate than these.
I am so glad that she is in my life, and that she is grandmother to my children.
And I'm so thankful for all those nightmare stories about her son (my dh) giving her hell when he was young.
Taking long trips by himself. On his bigwheel. To the toy store. Which was over a mile away. Across a busy road. When he was three.
Those sorts of stories.

Pat has long been a very good friend to me, aside from being just my husband's mother.
I adore and cherish her.
I'm so thankful that she is a very important part of my life.

Love you Pat.
Steph

No comments: