Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Truth Hurts - A Confession

Okay - it's really, really late, well, for me, but I just had to get this off my chest!

This is in part for those of you who are possibly rolling your eyes at the self-aggrandizement of my latest posts. (I'm referring to others caring or noticing what is written here.)

It's quite possible that I have been puffing up my feathers - all three of them- and here's why.
Have you seen that book quiz going around?
You answer a few questions, and people are told that they're like a grand and glorious book, and here's why?
Like the dictionary, or funny novels, or grandly adventurous ones, whatever.
I won't pretend that I am well read and that I have read any of those books - besides my beloved dictionary - but they gave a helpful paragraph to go along with it (others results).
Do you know what book I got?
Well, I can't remember the title, so I'll take you through the quiz..

Are you long-winded or concise?
a) Well, I do tend to go on and on...
b) Concise
Okay - this was hard for me. I just feel a need to express and explain, but I try not to add unnecessarily. Put it to dh. He said long-winded. Hmmph.
Fine!, long-winded.

Do you feel old?
Easy. No.

Which of these is your mantra?
Just the facts, Ma'am.
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Well now, it depends. Uh... um... I guess truth is stranger.

Which climate do you prefer?
Hot
Cold.
What? Neither! 80's, if you please. Fine. Hot.

Do you like Oprah?
Yes. Though I don't watch her show. I like her personally.

Which region is more interesting?
Africa
Latin America
Africa.

You're The Poisonwood Bible!
by Barbara Kingsolver
Deeply rooted in a religious background, you have since become both isolated and schizophrenic. You were naively sure that your actions would help people, but of course they were resistant to your message and ultimately disaster ensued. Since you can see so many sides of the same issue, you are both wise beyond your years and tied to worthless perspectives. If you were a type of waffle, it would be Belgian.


(choking and sputtering... which eventually dissolved into sniffles)
You can see where I might be slightly (psh) offended, don't you?
Sort of like getting smacked in the face, with an added "No one cares a whit about your worthless, nonsense, all fluff and no merit perspectives."
Now I had not imagined that I am terribly interesting, wise, or in possession of an abundant amount of wit, but I had supposed I've a modicum of such things. Enough to live and breathe, anyway.
Hmmph.
Been stewing over this one for a couple of days.

So now you know!

Take the book quiz from blue pyramid

No comments: