Wednesday, June 13, 2007

8 Things About Meme - Again

Evidently Madeline is not aware that I already talk about myself too much, or I'm sure she never would have tagged me! (doh! said that last time, too. :/ )
I did it here, where I accidentally thought it said "8 Things About Meme", :), so I"m calling it that.
I respond one - because I like her, and two - she has three things in her list that can be said almost almost exactly the same as me!
So! I"m beginning with those.

Here's the prerequisite:
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.~~~

1) I smoked for 17 years. Also Camel Lights! (marlboro's are so stinky) A friend asked once if I smoked a pack a day, and I responded "If I'm on my deathbed." More like two. Was really worried about what was going to happen if pregnant (much stress over it with dh), we were trying to conceive, I quit about one week before conceiving my son. Accidentally. Long story.

2) Speeding tickets - Only had one. I was going about 15 over, which is about usual for me, -except strictly under 25 in residential. Officer Evel Knievel told me that he was giving me a break, that 15 over would be way too expensive. The discounted ticket was $95. I almost had a stroke.
Same as Madeline - I rely (knock knock knock) on good mojo to warn me of a coming problem, and always bless those I pass who have gotten pulled over in my stead. Much blessings and love to all of them!

3)I have one more that Madeline had listed, but I'm not going to tell what it is. Someday I'll be ready, but not today. (this is the half)

4) I'm one of the few (I think) people on this planet who do not believe in the proverbial "Life isn't Fair" philosophy. I truly believe that we are responsible for our reality. And can change it if we choose.

5) I take great pleasure in small silly things - kicking a hackey sack in the backyard while holding a beer. Well, not me personally, I'm not any good at it, but watching the comraderie and play makes my heart so happy.

6) It makes me truly happy that my children are sassy - it reminds me in that moment that I have not treated them respectfully (which they expect), and it's a "check" for me.

7) I wore a mohawk for about three years. (shaved sides and all.) This was 84-87 or so. (ages 16-19)

8) When I'm eating I twirl my fork in the air. (good thing I'll never be visiting Court, the Queen would probably have my hand whacked off.) When I'm thinking (writing) on the pc I run my cordless mouse in circles while staring out the window. I have to change the batteries about every two weeks. (thanks Costco!)

There. That wasn't too bad. Hope I don't seem too arrogant for doing this again. I didn't have much to write today, anyway, and it was killing me. :)

I tag our newest Blogging Mama: Aubrey! Welcome to Blogworld International!

My sister Kim. (I think I did before, but she didn't respond, as of last night.)

I don't think I have anyone else - I don't dare issue to them twice. Malina, Julie, Melissia, Teri, LeeAnn, -Evie just did it, seems like I missed someone... consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Thanks for my blog world introduction. I will respond to your tag soon. :)

Aubrey

Madeline Rains said...

Thanks, Stephanie, for doing this! I commentedhere last night and I think my battery died before it went through. Hope you didn't have to read another one. I learned a lot about you. One day I hope you will reveal #3. I am curious. I love your response to "life is not fair". I agree with this philosophy. The twirling that you describe is maybe a motion you used to do with an elegantly upheld cigarette? I know that I loved the holding of it as much as anything. Great prop. Great friend at times. But one I am so glad to be rid of.