Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Connections - of a Spiritual Sort

Evie at The Road Less Traveled wrote the other day a great post about her child making connections. She wrote "Connections happen all the time in all kinds of places and it's impossible to prevent learning from happening." It's such a marvelous thing to experience - your child putting things together on his own. ( I don't mean that parents aren't facilitators, I mean that the putting together can only be done in one's head.)

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm finding myself amid a bunch of connections (and realizations) myself.
It's like they are shooting and dashing around me in the sky (universe), and all I have to do is to see them, and they come zapping to me, like lightening, and once I have them they turn into a liquidy silver or gold in my hands, and then all that remains is for me to pour them from my hands into my jar for safe keeping. In the jar I find sustenance.

The Connections I speak of might look different from the ones that Evie noticed and spoke of so well, but I'm not sure that they are entirely different. I think maybe learning is learning, and experiencing how you fit and relate to this Universe might very well bind them together. I don't know that we can entirely separate the mind and spirit (if at all), so perhaps connections can and do involve both.

I am speaking of Synchronicity. Finding things -relevant to your life and your present quest for Truth- anywhere and everywhere. Having come to notice their arrival to your door at a staggering rate. Everywhere you look there is something that can be pondered and examined that helps you during your current quest.
Some folks experience it by opening a random page in a bible. Some toss coins, like the I Ching. Some read runes, or stones, or meditate next to a babbling brook, or listen within.
There is a line in Conversations with God that says
"The words to the next song you hear. The information in the next article you read. The story line of the next movie you watch. The chance utterance of the next person you meet. Or the whisper of the next river, the next ocean the next breeze that caresses your ear-all these devices are Mine; all these avenues are open to Me. I will speak to you if you will listen. I will come to you if you will invite Me. I will show you then that I have always been there.
All ways."

I see it happening all around me right now.
In one way it's like the same truth repeats itself over and over until you finally get it. Until you find understanding. Enlightenment.
Not only that, but the same thing seems to be happening for other people.
It doesn't even have to be something life-changing or astounding.
I'm seeing it in simple things, too.

In another, there seems to be a Common Consciousness going on.
I'll write on something, than go reading what others are up to, and I come across a post written two days ago that speaks in different words the same thing I had just written.
Or I'll write something, and someone will say "I was just thinking about this today."

Connections.

I'm really starting to find - for the first time in my life - ways that I can actually connect with the world around me.
Instead of seeing only the difference, I'm starting to notice The Connections.
Unity.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Goll, I came here for access to blogs, and saw "Edie", and I thought who the heck is Edie?
So sorry Evie!
sheesh.
Steph

Aubrey said...

You are so brilliant. Your words always send little shivers in my soul.

Aubrey

EC said...

Stephanie, edie is better than other versions I've heard (ezie?!) LOL I'm really flattered you quoted me at all. If you could see me, I'm giving you a most flowery curtsy in appreciation. Ok, shameless flattery aside, I really love the way you write. You have a powerful ability to really get imagery across to the reader and draw us into your world. And what a world it is!

I hear what you're saying, too, about the connections happening all around us. I can't tell you the number of times I've been traveling through the blogosphere and have happened upon a topic that had been on my mind as well. The world of blogging is an amazing place!

Evie

Madeline Rains said...

You're tagged! "8 things about me meme" Directions here at "www.barn-raising.blogspot.com.