Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Om

I've been living "with out".
That is to say - not with in.

I s'pose it's all right to do so from time-to-time. For us Ordinary Folk, anyway.
S'pose it wouldn't do for a Master. It doesn't particularly do well for me - one who seeks mastery.

But there it is. And here it is.
It doesn't look like anything special.
Exploring with the babes. Taking pictures. Chores. Reading and reading and reading. Books, nothing else. Not Ancient Mystical Tomes, either. Dickens. LM Montgomery (three of the Anne of Green Gables books).
I've been living life on the Outside.

Tonight I was standing in front of one of my bookshelves - wondering what was next. Plato's Republic? How about Howard's End? Shakespeare? The Phantom of the Opera?

No, finish what you've started.
Do you mean one of these? I wandered over to my nightstand - to the while not exactly Ancient Tomes, were certainly books that lead rather directly to the Road To Mastery.
Yes, all of them. Finish these. You've had enough of the other for now - time to get back to it.
Oh.
Yes, indeed. Don't you think it's time?
Yes. Yes, I do. Thank you for the reminder.
You're welcome. And Well Come.

So I open up Everyday Blessings, The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting. This chapter is called An Eighteen-Year Retreat, he refers to, of course, parenthood. The words I read upon opening the book (guessing at where I might have left off) are:
"On (
a meditation) retreat, because we are off in a special place for an extended period of time, away from the demands of family and work, we have a rare and precious chance to simplify our lives and to give enormous care and attention to the domain of being."

Oh. Is He (Jon Kabat-Zinn) talking to Me?
It would certainly seem that way, wouldn't it?
Mmmm.
The Domain of Being.
Yes, I heard.
You've found yourself in absence of Domain Of Being.
You're right, of course. You're right. All of it - you're right. Okay.

So here I am.
Not there any longer.

Seeking Centered-ness.
God Realization.
Stateless Eternity.
Potentialities and Possibilities.

Alright, then.

Namaste.
Namaste.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

love this. it is a magical thing to be able to listen to your heart and obey it's wisdom.
i know that it takes me a looong time to get through those dig-down-deep-into-your-heart books. sometimes years (like, finding the buddah within.)
i just figure i need time to let it marinate and read easy reads in between.